This program will celebrate people who have gone out of their way to help others in need. A KIND Person is someone who has performed an extraordinary act of kindness or demonstrated a selfless commitment to others. We’re looking for individuals who have acted with humanity to impact another person’s life or an entire community – making our world a better place. To hear what this program means to Daniel Lubetzky, Founder of KIND & President of The KIND Foundation, check out the video below. To celebrate the most exemplary nominees and help them on their journey to do more good, we will be awarding a total of $1 million – 5 awards of $100,000 each, and one award of one half a million dollars. Still have questions? Read our FAQ.
The nomination period has now closed. An incredible group of judges will help select the 2016 KIND People award recipients. These judges include:
- Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder and Editor-In-Chief of The Huffington Post
- Jack Dorsey, Entrepreneur and Founder of Twitter and Square
- Jason Alexander, star of television, stage and screen
- Lauren Paul, Co-founder of Kind Campaign, a nonprofit that brings awareness and healing to the negative effects of girl-against-girl bullying through a global movement, documentary film, in-school assemblies and educational curriculums
- Rick Weissbourd, co-leader of Harvard GSE’s Making Caring Common – a national effort to make moral and social development priorities in child-raising and to provide strategies to schools and parents for promoting caring and tolerance in children
The KIND Foundation
In 2004, KIND was founded with the following mission: do the KIND thing for your body, your taste buds and your worldTM. To deepen this mission, we’ve created The KIND Foundation to foster communities that are healthier, more empathetic and embrace our shared humanity. Through the Foundation, we will strive to improve the way we live, eat and relate to one another. We will continue to place a particular emphasis on celebrating and inspiring kindness. We’re just getting started. Stay tuned for programming updates and additional grant opportunities. Please note at this time we are not accepting unsolicited grant proposals.
The KIND Foundation is a Delaware non-profit corporation. The KIND Foundation will seek status as a 501(c)(3) organization this year.
Stay in touch
We want to hear from you. Click here to share a question or idea.