Tyler Breuer, founding member of S.M.A.S.H. (Surf. Movies. Art. Shaping. History), surfer, Sundown Ski and Surf Shop owner, has added KINDAHOLIC to his list of many hats. We caught up with him to get his thoughts on what it means to him to be KIND (on AND off the waves) – check it out!
How did you get hooked on KIND?
- We were fortunate enough to have KIND as a sponsor for an event I had put together and I tried the Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate + Protein – it was love at first taste! I love the company’s entire philosophy – and the fact that I can read the ingredients in the bars and not have to look up what any of them are.
Any favorite flavors?
- I already gave myself away here: Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate + Protein – I’m a peanut butter junkie.
When do you find yourself snacking on a KIND bar the most?
- In the middle of winter when my shop is super busy with ski and snowboard sales, I hardly have time to eat. KIND is the perfect snack to tide me over until the end of each busy day.
We have a saying “It’s usually the nuts that change the world.” Is this true in surfing?
- Most of the revolutionary figures in surfing were nuts – everyone from Bob Simmons to Kelly Slater and Ryan Birch. They all think outside of the box and look at the world from a completely different perspective – never conforming. So, in short, yeah.
Have you seen any inspiring acts of kindness in surfing recently?
- Gosh, so many! I have to mention Dave Aabo and the WAVES for Development team. WAVES creates life-enriching experiences in coastal communities through educational programs that develop youth into healthy and empowered adults. They host Surf Voluntourism programs that engage travelers and transform their views of the world and themselves. Pretty KIND, eh?
Do you have uncontrollable love for KIND and spreading kindness? You could be a KINDAHOLIC too! Share your story at KINDAHOLICS@KINDsnacks.com.