– Winner of “Best New Product” at Natural Products Expo East –
– Visit KIND Snacks at Booth #2846 –
March 2, 2009 (New York, NY) – When thousands of food products were showcased at the Natural Products Expo East at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in October 2008, only one came away with the title of “Best New Product”: KIND Plus.
The Mango Macadamia flavor of KIND Plus – the first new line of products since the launch of PeaceWorks’ original KIND Fruit + Nut Bars – was singled out at Expo East’s New Product Showcase as the best new food item. The contest was sponsored and officiated by the Natural Products Association and The Natural Foods Merchandiser magazine.
But awards and praise from industry leaders don’t tell the whole story about KIND’s growth and success. Recent market reports, word-of-mouth buzz, and glowing recommendations from prominent influencers have all contributed:
- Good Housekeeping (February 2009) – KIND is the only nutrition bar on “Top 100 Convenience Foods” list
- Yale School of Medicine (November 2008) – Study shows consumption of KIND Bars per day over eight weeks results in weight loss, lowered blood pressure and improved BMI
- Gossip Girl (January 2009) – Featured as a snack of a popular character on hit TV show
- SPINS Market Data (November 2008) – Highest ACV growth among Top 20 Bars in Grocery category.
- The Today Show (January 2009) – Featured on segment about energy-boosting foods, and specifically recommended by team nutritionist for the New York Giants.
- Rachel Ray on The Rachel Ray Show (October 2008) – “These are so good…delicious and nutritious.”
- San Antonio Express-News (September 2008) – “Last year, (KIND) was one of the best-sellers for H-E-B stores that had it. So at the beginning of 2008, we made a strategic decision to bring it to the vast majority…it’s a very sought after energy bar.” – Yvan Cournoyer, category manager for H-E-B
- SPINS Market Data (November 2008) – KIND Fruit + Nut Bars are the fourth best-selling nutrition bar brand in Natural stores.
- Businessweek (August 2008) – “(KIND’s founder Daniel) Lubetzky offers an enticing vision, one that combines traditional profit-making models with social bottom line…it sounds good in theory, but works even better in practice.”
- SPINS Market Data (November 2008) – Sales of KIND Fruit + Nut Bars increased over 100 percent in Grocery category during the past year.
- First for Women (January 2009) – “To enjoy tropical taste anywhere, unwrap a KIND Fruit + Nut Bar in Almond & Coconut flavor.”
- IRI Data (June 2008) – Unit sales growth over the past year for KIND’s four best-selling bars ranged from 91 to 127 percent and outpaced all other competitors among the top 100.
- Philadelphia Inquirer (August 2008) – “Our favorite bars…”
Recently, KIND was the subject of a study by Dr. David Katz of the Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Katz and his team at Yale found that adding two KIND Bars to your diet every day over the course of eight weeks led to weight loss, lower body mass index, and decreased blood pressure. The smaller pilot study Dr. Katz conducted will now be expanded to a larger patient population to verify the results. According to Dr. Katz, “Snacking on wholesome foods can help control appetite and weight, while providing excellent nutrition and displacing less filling foods that contribute empty calories. KIND Bars are just that kind of snack food, made principally of nuts and fruits.”
“In the midst of a recession, we’re thrilled to see KIND continue to thrive and experience explosive sales growth,” said Daniel Lubetzky, Founder and CEO of PeaceWorks Holdings, the makers of KIND Snacks. “In tough economic times, consumers look for brands that provide value at an affordable price. Coupled with the incredibly positive buzz and word-of-mouth KIND is experiencing – from awards at trade shows to praise from influential media to appearances on hit TV shows – it’s a brand that every retailer should have on their shelves.”
Since 2008, KIND expanded its sales locations by over five thousand in the United States, bringing the total number of retail locations to over 25,000 stores nationwide. KIND is presently sold in nearly every major retail and grocery chain in the United States including 7-11, Albertson’s, A&P, Duane Reade, GNC, Kroger, Meijer, Publix, Safeway, Shaw’s, Trader Joe’s, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, Wild Oats, and Vitamin Shoppe.
(212) 616-3006 x210
(212) 616-3006 x108
About KIND Fruit+Nut Bars
KIND is an award-winning brand of all-natural fruit and nut bars made by Peaceworks, a “not-only-for-profit” gourmet and healthy foods company based out of New York, NY. Since its launch in 2004, KIND’s handmade bars have quickly ascended the ranks of the nutrition bar category to become one of the Top 4 selling brands in natural food stores across the United States, according to SPINS Market Data. Available in over 25,000 locations in every state in the U.S., KIND offers a delicious, wholesome, and healthy alternative to the mash-up energy bars largely composed of emulsified fillers like high-fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils. Among other high praise and awards, KIND won Health Magazine’s “Snack of the Year” in 2005, and KIND Plus won the “Best New Product” Award at Natural Products Expo East in October 2008. Learn more about KIND by visiting us online at www.kindsnacks.com.