Kind Acts Add UpRead More
June 12th, 2014
6 Ways To Transform Your Life And Your Business
I always say that business and life reflect of one another. Whatever is showing up in your personal life shows up, 9 times out of 10, in your professional life. If you are an entrepreneur, make that a 10 out of 10 chance. Ask yourself, “In what areas am I stagnant and refusing to grow or change?” “How is that resistance speaking volumes both professionally and personally?” Being an entrepreneur myself, I’ve learned that the market is constantly changing. Between the influence of ever-evolving technology, politics, global issues, and pop culture, you have to be ready (and willing) to pivot at a moment’s notice. The only constant is change and we can either ride the wave of acceptance or get caught in the undertow of resistance.
Transformation is no small feat, said the butterfly to the caterpillar, and navigating this process can be daunting. So here are 6 tips I use to transform my resistance to a welcoming of new experiences:
1. Find Your Voice – Expressing yourself creatively is the perfect way to tap into your own unique imprint on the world. So paint, draw, craft, cook, play music, or do whatever you do to get your creative juices flowing. This simple act will reveal new truths and lift blocks in all areas of your life where you’ve possibly been unable to express yourself or been unable to trust your intuition.
2. Reach out – Connect with the types of people and organizations that will enliven you, and don’t limit yourself to pre-established comfort zones. Be fearless, and change it up, your tribe is waiting!
3. Endings mark the spark of new beginnings – Allow yourself to walk away from situations and people that no longer serve the best version of you. Though it may be bittersweet, you will create space for new people, new opportunities, and new realities.
4. Get Away – Retreating is good for the soul. Oftentimes, we need to step outside of our current circumstances to gain perspective and insight that we might not otherwise be able to get by being ‘in it.’ Besides laying on a beach, hiking through the woods and hugging trees is #kindawesome
5. Refocus in the direction of your purpose – What are you here to do? What are you being thanked for most by people? Poll friends and family on this. Then evaluate if this purpose is being served within your current job, business, or hobbies. If not, it’s time to get to work. Your purpose is your unique imprint on the world, and when you’re in the flow anything is possible.
6. Give – Giving is so valuable to the evolution of our selves. Inspired by my work as a grant advisor with Pollination Project, I’ve found that when you get into the practice of giving you build karma for the future, and cultivate a deepened sense of gratitude for what you have now. The organization gives small seed grants to individual change-makers every single day of the year.
These are my six surefire ways to transform your life and your business, which one can you begin to put into action right? Share with the hashtag #kindawesome.
Alisha Golden Contributor
Alisha Golden is the founder of Do Something Epic Agency (DSE), a lifestyle, brand strategy, marketing, and management firm for conscious people, brands, and organizations. Along with her management of the Do Something Epic Movement, Alisha serves as a grant advisor for The Pollination Project, a seed grant organization committed to giving daily, as well as a member of the board of advisors for Provita, an on demand service for yoga and fitness.http://www.dseagency.com